provided by Professor Dong, College of Natural Sciences, Anhui University
1) Compare the differences between DNA and RNA, structurally and functionally. Can you explain why DNA is more favorable as a genetic material?
2) Give your explanation about the semidiscontinuous mode of DNA replication? Can you describe the steps of replication for lagging strand?
3) What is an insertion element? Describe the differences between the conservative and replicative transposons.
4) Can you explain how to assure the fidelity of the DNA replication in bacteria?
5) Thymine dimer is among the major DNA damages due to UV exposure. Name and describe several possible mechanisms that E. coli uses to repair those dimmers.